ReDrUmNZ
02-04 07:43 PM
I'm loving the swarm! :)
wallpaper %IMG_DESC_1%
ssa
08-03 01:40 PM
Done :)
485InDreams
02-11 07:56 PM
i haven't recevied my FP notice yet.....
2011 %IMG_DESC_2%
jamesingham
06-22 04:20 PM
Mine is the same company that applied for EB2 in the first place
more...
pd_recapturing
06-20 05:35 PM
I am confused. I have I 140 approval copy but it does not have A# in it. I know lots of people who have approved I 140 and they have A# in it. Please let me know what should I do in this case?
mallickarjunreddy
05-19 07:29 AM
I fear a backlash as by now ewr would have made my company to be marked for secondary scrutiny. this is how the story unfolded
CBP --who is your manager
XYZ -- Mr ABC who is based in atlanta ..
CBP. hmmm.. can i have his phone #
CBP calls Mr ABC .. we r deporting XYZ hs papaers r not in order ..
no call back # nothing ..
meanwhile XYZ is asked to sign papers ..
I know we can refuse but those people r so intimidating and I guess if you dont sign ICE agents come in and tell you that it could take months to send you back
so poor xyz has no option but to sign and get a stamp on his passport that he is being deported
Councilor access is a myth and so is trying to call and talk to the CBP officers
and this is not a small body shop .. it has atleast 500 people working on various projects across US and those people were not on bench
i can field any questions ...
CBP --who is your manager
XYZ -- Mr ABC who is based in atlanta ..
CBP. hmmm.. can i have his phone #
CBP calls Mr ABC .. we r deporting XYZ hs papaers r not in order ..
no call back # nothing ..
meanwhile XYZ is asked to sign papers ..
I know we can refuse but those people r so intimidating and I guess if you dont sign ICE agents come in and tell you that it could take months to send you back
so poor xyz has no option but to sign and get a stamp on his passport that he is being deported
Councilor access is a myth and so is trying to call and talk to the CBP officers
and this is not a small body shop .. it has atleast 500 people working on various projects across US and those people were not on bench
i can field any questions ...
more...
bigboy007
02-12 05:50 PM
I have asked more than a couple of friends to join IV today and contribute to their efforts. Still snail mail is the best way to send letters or else IV could have already mentioned about Faxes where the same can be achieved in minutes.
I guess most of us dont want to take the pain of "mailing the letters"
How abt someone obtains online authorization to mail letters on members behalf.
I mean members authorize mailing a letter on their behalf by IV.
!?
Question is asked when they sign in... or login to the website!
I guess most of us dont want to take the pain of "mailing the letters"
How abt someone obtains online authorization to mail letters on members behalf.
I mean members authorize mailing a letter on their behalf by IV.
!?
Question is asked when they sign in... or login to the website!
2010 %IMG_DESC_3%
ngopikrishnan
06-17 06:18 PM
Can someone suggest good attorneys to consult and represent AC21 case, transfer employer, transfer case from current employer, etc.? Attorney must be responsive!!
more...
hoosier07
07-18 02:59 PM
Hello guys,
First of all thank you very much for your answers in advance.
I am currently on H1-B (valid till 2010) and recently applied for PERM LC. I work for a non-profit organization and the category is EB-2. Nationality: Turkey.
I was planning to go for my GC but my plans have recently changed. I am planning to get married in 2009 Summer (earlier is not possible). I have done my research and found out that if I receive my GC before I get married, it will be very difficult to get my spouse here.
I am expecting to get the LC in about 4 months. Then, most probably I can file I-140 and I-485 concurrently as the visa numbers will be available for my case. However, I am not planning to do it anymore due to the reasons mentioned above.
So, here are my questions:
Now, the new rule tells that LC certification must be used within 180 days. So, can I just file I-140 while single and even though my visa numbers are current for I-485 (Can I seperate I-140 and I-485 and save I-1485 for after marriage - Summer 2009). Does it matter for the purposes of I-140, if I am single - and then add my spouse to I-485 in the US (She will be on H-4 with me here)?
I am not planning to change my job. So, would my I-140 have an expiration date?
Do you have any other suggestions? Thank you!
First of all thank you very much for your answers in advance.
I am currently on H1-B (valid till 2010) and recently applied for PERM LC. I work for a non-profit organization and the category is EB-2. Nationality: Turkey.
I was planning to go for my GC but my plans have recently changed. I am planning to get married in 2009 Summer (earlier is not possible). I have done my research and found out that if I receive my GC before I get married, it will be very difficult to get my spouse here.
I am expecting to get the LC in about 4 months. Then, most probably I can file I-140 and I-485 concurrently as the visa numbers will be available for my case. However, I am not planning to do it anymore due to the reasons mentioned above.
So, here are my questions:
Now, the new rule tells that LC certification must be used within 180 days. So, can I just file I-140 while single and even though my visa numbers are current for I-485 (Can I seperate I-140 and I-485 and save I-1485 for after marriage - Summer 2009). Does it matter for the purposes of I-140, if I am single - and then add my spouse to I-485 in the US (She will be on H-4 with me here)?
I am not planning to change my job. So, would my I-140 have an expiration date?
Do you have any other suggestions? Thank you!
hair %IMG_DESC_4%
cinqsit
11-24 06:07 PM
I have seen people get a copy of their approved I-140 using FOIA Freedom of Information Act Request, where the employer was giving them a hard time and not sharing their I-140 info. So there are ways you can get a copy of the approved I-140 provided of course everything is in order. (previous poster has also posted information of getting duplicate I-140)
This is kind of similar - you should contact a good lawyer and try and get that I-140 copy
if you current lawyer is unhelpful just get advice and help from some other immigration lawyer - you are in the home stretch dont give up - try and provide USCIS whatever they want. (though technically they should have information about the approved I-140 - so I dont get why they are requesting a original copy from you!)
Also you mention
"In late 2008, with the help of a congressman, my new attorney was able to figure out that USCIS has lost my original I-140 application (filed at Nebraska center) and USCIS has issued the same I-140 receipt no. to somebody else. Then USCIS auto-created a new I-140 and gave me SRC receipt no. with filing date as Jan 2008 and as electronically filed by my previous attorney."
Do you have any documentation abou this ? a letter from Congressman etc? This is really weird never heard anything like this before.
You should collect all such documents (contact the congressman again if need be to get a letter or something in writing) then contact
a good immigration lawyer.
Good luck!
This is kind of similar - you should contact a good lawyer and try and get that I-140 copy
if you current lawyer is unhelpful just get advice and help from some other immigration lawyer - you are in the home stretch dont give up - try and provide USCIS whatever they want. (though technically they should have information about the approved I-140 - so I dont get why they are requesting a original copy from you!)
Also you mention
"In late 2008, with the help of a congressman, my new attorney was able to figure out that USCIS has lost my original I-140 application (filed at Nebraska center) and USCIS has issued the same I-140 receipt no. to somebody else. Then USCIS auto-created a new I-140 and gave me SRC receipt no. with filing date as Jan 2008 and as electronically filed by my previous attorney."
Do you have any documentation abou this ? a letter from Congressman etc? This is really weird never heard anything like this before.
You should collect all such documents (contact the congressman again if need be to get a letter or something in writing) then contact
a good immigration lawyer.
Good luck!
more...
maru
09-12 04:51 PM
same situation...
sent to USCIS Texas on June 29, received on JUly 2nd at 10:25 AM. no receipts and no checks cashed yet. the USCIS receipting notice Texas said that they have finished receipting July 2 appl. what happened to our appl then?
pls anyone who filed july 2 at texas and with the same info who got their cks cashed and receipts rec, kindly share here. tnx!
sent to USCIS Texas on June 29, received on JUly 2nd at 10:25 AM. no receipts and no checks cashed yet. the USCIS receipting notice Texas said that they have finished receipting July 2 appl. what happened to our appl then?
pls anyone who filed july 2 at texas and with the same info who got their cks cashed and receipts rec, kindly share here. tnx!
hot %IMG_DESC_5%
sdrblr
09-09 10:26 AM
I second it :) NO SSN REQUIRED FOR PP. I filled out 000-00-0000 for my son. I believe there was a site or document I looked up and got this info (dont remember where I found it).
You dont need a PIO. If it is emergency or you dont have time, just get a multiple entry visa. For kids at that age it does not make any difference whether they enter on PIO or a visa. Chicago issues visa the same day.
BTW does Indian consulate do background check and issue 221(g) :D:D
PS: I live in IL as well and you dont need SSN for kids to get a PP :)
You dont need a PIO. If it is emergency or you dont have time, just get a multiple entry visa. For kids at that age it does not make any difference whether they enter on PIO or a visa. Chicago issues visa the same day.
BTW does Indian consulate do background check and issue 221(g) :D:D
PS: I live in IL as well and you dont need SSN for kids to get a PP :)
more...
house %IMG_DESC_17%
drona
07-11 02:49 PM
Let's discuss ways to communicate with the Governor and to make him aware of our situation. I am going to do some research on his views on immigration but I think it might be good.
As Schwarzenegger has said multiple times:
"I think the most important thing to note is I am a champion of immigrants. I promote immigration. I am an immigrant myself. I think it's extremely important that we do it in a legal way."
�Polls Push Governor to the Border�, LA Times, April 30, 2005
http://www.vdare.com/guzzardi/050503_schwarzenegger.htm
As Schwarzenegger has said multiple times:
"I think the most important thing to note is I am a champion of immigrants. I promote immigration. I am an immigrant myself. I think it's extremely important that we do it in a legal way."
�Polls Push Governor to the Border�, LA Times, April 30, 2005
http://www.vdare.com/guzzardi/050503_schwarzenegger.htm
tattoo %IMG_DESC_6%
Becks
03-16 10:16 AM
This is very good post. I have been waiting for this news where we enter when not working for GC sponsoring employer.
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for sharing.
more...
pictures %IMG_DESC_7%
bbenhill
03-05 06:28 PM
Hi,
My sister in law will come to US using H4 visa, the problem is the health insurance does not want to cover her pregnancy since the pregnancy is already 6 months.
Any idea how to get insurance for her ?
Really appreciate your help ..
Regards.
My sister in law will come to US using H4 visa, the problem is the health insurance does not want to cover her pregnancy since the pregnancy is already 6 months.
Any idea how to get insurance for her ?
Really appreciate your help ..
Regards.
dresses %IMG_DESC_12%
kanakabyraju
07-21 04:08 PM
I did receive the RFE today and what I have guessed in correct. USCIS is asking to submit the remaining medical work. My lawyer gave me 2 options. Once is to bring my wife here and complete the tests and second is to request to postpone the dates. He said that I can not garuntee 100% chances that your application would be considered if the dates become current. I am going to bring my wife for a week time since I have only 25 days left to respond.
As it is mentioned in the RFE, I have to reply with the sealed envlope and copy of letter and the yellow paper attached. I did not receive any yellow paper along with the mail. Did any one received like this ?
My attorny also received the mail but not sure about the yellow paper at this point of time since they have to get the documents from other location. Any light in this regard is much appreciated.
thanks
Kanaka
As it is mentioned in the RFE, I have to reply with the sealed envlope and copy of letter and the yellow paper attached. I did not receive any yellow paper along with the mail. Did any one received like this ?
My attorny also received the mail but not sure about the yellow paper at this point of time since they have to get the documents from other location. Any light in this regard is much appreciated.
thanks
Kanaka
more...
makeup %IMG_DESC_9%
pcs
07-02 03:16 PM
I will sign up but HOW TO ????
girlfriend %IMG_DESC_14%
GlobalCitizen
08-21 03:20 PM
I think you're okay. Hopefully USCIS made a note in their system when your application was first sent and you just needed to correct something. Did you ask your lawyer what he thinks will happen?
My case was filed by a human resource person not a lawer. Human resource thinks I am ok but I do not think they really know the law. I am so scared...I do not know what to do. Ohhhh God..Life...
My case was filed by a human resource person not a lawer. Human resource thinks I am ok but I do not think they really know the law. I am so scared...I do not know what to do. Ohhhh God..Life...
hairstyles %IMG_DESC_11%
rbharol
08-23 04:34 PM
I talked to the contact person at competeamerica.org
According to him They won�t vote on any immigration bills till after the election.
So it seems it will be after november only.
But look at the positive side. We have more time to contact the law makers.
According to him They won�t vote on any immigration bills till after the election.
So it seems it will be after november only.
But look at the positive side. We have more time to contact the law makers.
nozerd
07-02 10:05 AM
If you are going to stay 2 yrs in Canada, you might as well spend 1 more yr and become a Canadian citizen.
I actually have a similar question. I am in the exact same situation. The question is that in this case if you have an H1 stamped in your passport, is it ok to travel to US on that H1 ? or would you need a B2 tourist visa to travel ?
I am asking since technically you are employed by same employer but you are getting paid by Candian payroll not US Payroll.
I actually have a similar question. I am in the exact same situation. The question is that in this case if you have an H1 stamped in your passport, is it ok to travel to US on that H1 ? or would you need a B2 tourist visa to travel ?
I am asking since technically you are employed by same employer but you are getting paid by Candian payroll not US Payroll.
GC20??
08-20 09:51 AM
My 140 was approved in 2007 and today I got a text message on phone that my application is sent to Nebraska, NE to review and status changed from Approved to Initial review.
Had any one been in same situation or had seen this before with some one else?
Two years after my I-140 was approved, status changed to below. My attorney filed my I-140 choosing CP. CP applications are processed at DOS. As I applied for I-485 in July'07 DOS sent it back to USCIS. Your case looks different. Well I have heard of instances where USCIS reviews approved applications I hope your case is a simple computer glitch. I-140 is employers application so you cannot contact customer service or IO regarding that. Ask your attorney or employer to contact USCIS.
Your priority date is current for more than 6 months now. Did you take any steps to expedite (congressman, senator or writ of mandamus)?
"Post Decision Activity
On March 20, 2008, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."
Had any one been in same situation or had seen this before with some one else?
Two years after my I-140 was approved, status changed to below. My attorney filed my I-140 choosing CP. CP applications are processed at DOS. As I applied for I-485 in July'07 DOS sent it back to USCIS. Your case looks different. Well I have heard of instances where USCIS reviews approved applications I hope your case is a simple computer glitch. I-140 is employers application so you cannot contact customer service or IO regarding that. Ask your attorney or employer to contact USCIS.
Your priority date is current for more than 6 months now. Did you take any steps to expedite (congressman, senator or writ of mandamus)?
"Post Decision Activity
On March 20, 2008, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."