
GCHope2011
11-05 08:16 AM
Please read the editorial from today's WSJ by John Boehner. We should adjust our thinking to this reality and try to eat the elephant one bite at a time. Trying to swallow anything all at once is certainly not John Boehner's idea of legislation.
================================================== =====
I grew up in a small house on a hill in Cincinnati, Ohio, with 11 brothers and sisters. My dad ran a bar, Andy's Caf�, that my grandfather Andrew Boehner opened in 1938. We didn't have much but were thankful for what we had. And we didn't think much about Washington.
That changed when I got involved with a small business, which I eventually built into a successful enterprise. I saw firsthand how government throws obstacles in the way of job-creation and stifles our prosperity. It prompted me to get involved in my government, and eventually took me to Congress.
Millions of Americans have had a similar experience. They look at Washington and see an arrogance of power. They see a Congress that doesn't listen, that is ruled by leaders who seem out of touch and dismissive, even disdainful, of the anger that Americans feel toward their government and the challenges they face in an economy struggling to create jobs.
The political landscape has been permanently reshaped over the past two years. Overreaching by elected officials�in the form of pork-laden "stimulus" spending, permanent bailouts, and policies that force responsible taxpayers to subsidize irresponsible behavior�has awakened something deep in our national character. This has led to a surge of activism by citizens demanding smaller, more accountable government and a repudiation of Washington in Tuesday's elections.
Tired of politicians who refuse to listen, Americans who previously were not involved or minimally involved in the political process are now helping to drive it. While their backgrounds are as diverse as the country itself, their message to Washington is the same: Government leaders are servants of the people; the people are not servants of their government.
View Full Image
David Klein
The members of the 112th Congress must heed this message if there is to be any hope of repairing the shattered bonds of trust between the American people and their elected leaders. And that begins with the speaker of the House, who as leader of the institution must lead by example.
Accordingly, there are several steps I believe the next speaker should be prepared to take immediately. Among them:
� No earmarks. Earmarks have become a symbol of a broken Washington, and an entire lobbying industry has been created around them. The speaker of the House shouldn't use the power of the office to raid the federal Treasury for pork-barrel projects. To the contrary, the speaker should be an advocate for ending the current earmark process, and should adhere to a personal no-earmarks policy that stands as an example for all members of Congress to follow.
I have maintained a no-earmarks policy throughout my time of service in Congress. I believe the House must adopt a moratorium on all earmarks as a signal of our commitment to ending business as usual in the spending process.
� Let Americans read bills before they are brought to a vote. The speaker of the House should not allow any bill to come to a vote that has not been posted publicly online for at least three days. Members of Congress and the American people must have the opportunity to read it.
Similarly, the speaker should insist that every bill include a clause citing where in the Constitution Congress is given the power to pass it. Bills that can't pass this test shouldn't get a vote. House Republicans' new governing agenda, "A Pledge to America," calls for the speaker to implement such reforms immediately.
� No more "comprehensive" bills. The next speaker should put an end to so-called comprehensive bills with thousands of pages of legislative text that make it easy to hide spending projects and job-killing policies. President Obama's massive "stimulus" and health-care bills, written behind closed doors with minimal public scrutiny, were the last straw for many Americans. The American people are not well-served by "comprehensive," and they are rightly suspicious of the adjective.
� No more bills written behind closed doors in the speaker's office. Bills should be written by legislators in committee in plain public view. Issues should be advanced one at a time, and the speaker should place an emphasis on smaller, more focused legislation that is properly scrutinized, constitutionally sound, and consistent with Americans' demand for a less-costly, less-intrusive government.
The speaker of the House, like all members of Congress, is a servant of the American people. The individual entrusted with that high honor and responsibility should act accordingly. A speaker's mission should not be to consolidate power in the speaker's office, but rather to ensure that elected officials uphold their oath to defend the Constitution and the American people we serve. If a speaker carries out that mission successfully, the result should be legislation that better reflects the considerable challenges we face as a nation.
The American people deserve a majority in Congress that listens to the people, focuses on their priorities and honors their demands for smaller, more accountable government. Accountability starts at the top, in the office of the speaker.
Mr. Boehner, a congressman representing Ohio's Eighth District since 1991, is the House Republican leader.
================================================== =====
I grew up in a small house on a hill in Cincinnati, Ohio, with 11 brothers and sisters. My dad ran a bar, Andy's Caf�, that my grandfather Andrew Boehner opened in 1938. We didn't have much but were thankful for what we had. And we didn't think much about Washington.
That changed when I got involved with a small business, which I eventually built into a successful enterprise. I saw firsthand how government throws obstacles in the way of job-creation and stifles our prosperity. It prompted me to get involved in my government, and eventually took me to Congress.
Millions of Americans have had a similar experience. They look at Washington and see an arrogance of power. They see a Congress that doesn't listen, that is ruled by leaders who seem out of touch and dismissive, even disdainful, of the anger that Americans feel toward their government and the challenges they face in an economy struggling to create jobs.
The political landscape has been permanently reshaped over the past two years. Overreaching by elected officials�in the form of pork-laden "stimulus" spending, permanent bailouts, and policies that force responsible taxpayers to subsidize irresponsible behavior�has awakened something deep in our national character. This has led to a surge of activism by citizens demanding smaller, more accountable government and a repudiation of Washington in Tuesday's elections.
Tired of politicians who refuse to listen, Americans who previously were not involved or minimally involved in the political process are now helping to drive it. While their backgrounds are as diverse as the country itself, their message to Washington is the same: Government leaders are servants of the people; the people are not servants of their government.
View Full Image
David Klein
The members of the 112th Congress must heed this message if there is to be any hope of repairing the shattered bonds of trust between the American people and their elected leaders. And that begins with the speaker of the House, who as leader of the institution must lead by example.
Accordingly, there are several steps I believe the next speaker should be prepared to take immediately. Among them:
� No earmarks. Earmarks have become a symbol of a broken Washington, and an entire lobbying industry has been created around them. The speaker of the House shouldn't use the power of the office to raid the federal Treasury for pork-barrel projects. To the contrary, the speaker should be an advocate for ending the current earmark process, and should adhere to a personal no-earmarks policy that stands as an example for all members of Congress to follow.
I have maintained a no-earmarks policy throughout my time of service in Congress. I believe the House must adopt a moratorium on all earmarks as a signal of our commitment to ending business as usual in the spending process.
� Let Americans read bills before they are brought to a vote. The speaker of the House should not allow any bill to come to a vote that has not been posted publicly online for at least three days. Members of Congress and the American people must have the opportunity to read it.
Similarly, the speaker should insist that every bill include a clause citing where in the Constitution Congress is given the power to pass it. Bills that can't pass this test shouldn't get a vote. House Republicans' new governing agenda, "A Pledge to America," calls for the speaker to implement such reforms immediately.
� No more "comprehensive" bills. The next speaker should put an end to so-called comprehensive bills with thousands of pages of legislative text that make it easy to hide spending projects and job-killing policies. President Obama's massive "stimulus" and health-care bills, written behind closed doors with minimal public scrutiny, were the last straw for many Americans. The American people are not well-served by "comprehensive," and they are rightly suspicious of the adjective.
� No more bills written behind closed doors in the speaker's office. Bills should be written by legislators in committee in plain public view. Issues should be advanced one at a time, and the speaker should place an emphasis on smaller, more focused legislation that is properly scrutinized, constitutionally sound, and consistent with Americans' demand for a less-costly, less-intrusive government.
The speaker of the House, like all members of Congress, is a servant of the American people. The individual entrusted with that high honor and responsibility should act accordingly. A speaker's mission should not be to consolidate power in the speaker's office, but rather to ensure that elected officials uphold their oath to defend the Constitution and the American people we serve. If a speaker carries out that mission successfully, the result should be legislation that better reflects the considerable challenges we face as a nation.
The American people deserve a majority in Congress that listens to the people, focuses on their priorities and honors their demands for smaller, more accountable government. Accountability starts at the top, in the office of the speaker.
Mr. Boehner, a congressman representing Ohio's Eighth District since 1991, is the House Republican leader.
wallpaper derrick rose wallpaper 2011.
trump_gc
07-06 08:19 AM
I would send in a notorized affidavit from the parents stating that the right name is so and so and that the regitered name in birth certificate was in-correct. you can send in some more supporting docusmnrts like , school / collge graduation cdertificates...wonder why u have the wrong name in marrigae certifcate,,,birth certificates I understand, but why is it wrong in marriage certificate?
Augphoto
March 4th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Must... hide... credit card... now..! :D
jilechty, I can hide that credit card for you!:)
jilechty, I can hide that credit card for you!:)
2011 derrick rose wallpaper hd.
aat0995
01-15 12:03 PM
Wow! That should save me a bunch. I smell immigrationvoice is getting another donation soon :).
Now what aranya said would be wrong right? I just want to confirm as quite a few employers follow this practice. As mine is a govt. agency if it is a law I assume they will follow it. But just wanted to confirm..
Thanks!!
Now what aranya said would be wrong right? I just want to confirm as quite a few employers follow this practice. As mine is a govt. agency if it is a law I assume they will follow it. But just wanted to confirm..
Thanks!!
more...
mikemeyers
11-07 04:34 PM
if possible try to complete the course or take CPT ...As of now you are in legal status only but if you dont complete your course..you may have some tough questions to answer when you go for visa stamping.. also try to search in murthy..you will have lot more information.
good luck!!!
Thank you for the response, the course is very expensive and I dont have that much money. Its an MBA course and I am in software field there wont be any justifiable CPT I guess..Also, there was an RFE generated during H-1 processing asking for my status in between times. I sent I-20 to the INS and then only my H1 was approved.
What kind of tough questions you think they can ask?? I am very new to all these and do not have much knowlege but only thing i did is try to maintain status legally..is there anything wrong that I did??
good luck!!!
Thank you for the response, the course is very expensive and I dont have that much money. Its an MBA course and I am in software field there wont be any justifiable CPT I guess..Also, there was an RFE generated during H-1 processing asking for my status in between times. I sent I-20 to the INS and then only my H1 was approved.
What kind of tough questions you think they can ask?? I am very new to all these and do not have much knowlege but only thing i did is try to maintain status legally..is there anything wrong that I did??
WillIBLucky
12-31 07:06 PM
This is pure desperation. Its been discussed a lot many times but people keep asking the same question again and again. Check out the forum library you will find all the answers to your 'Case Study"Applicable to all retrogessed guys...
Case deatils :
Approved I-140 & H1-B extended for 3 years beyond 6 years because of approved I-140. Can NOT file I-485 because of retrogression
Next step H1-B transferred to new employer & redo Labor & I-140.
Question :
Can you file I-485 for both employers at the same time ???? & choose whichever comes first. Will there be any complicated issue if you filed I-485 with the 2nd employer after 1st employer has filed I-485
Bottom line ... How complicated will the life be if one changes job after 3 yr. extension of H1 based on approved I-140 ????
Please share your info as the attorneys are nuts..
Has this issues beeb discussed in detail at any other place like WWW.immigration - law.com ??
Please provide with the link
CORE TEAM : Can this issue be discussed with the Attorneys in upcoming conference ???
Case deatils :
Approved I-140 & H1-B extended for 3 years beyond 6 years because of approved I-140. Can NOT file I-485 because of retrogression
Next step H1-B transferred to new employer & redo Labor & I-140.
Question :
Can you file I-485 for both employers at the same time ???? & choose whichever comes first. Will there be any complicated issue if you filed I-485 with the 2nd employer after 1st employer has filed I-485
Bottom line ... How complicated will the life be if one changes job after 3 yr. extension of H1 based on approved I-140 ????
Please share your info as the attorneys are nuts..
Has this issues beeb discussed in detail at any other place like WWW.immigration - law.com ??
Please provide with the link
CORE TEAM : Can this issue be discussed with the Attorneys in upcoming conference ???
more...
diptam
06-24 06:34 PM
I can't answer your 1st question but you can spend a day and get a new Passport from NY consulate in the same day....
I also did the same thing last week - my old passport is valid for another
9 months but 485 takes long time and by that time if my PP No changes communication that is again a hassle.
Hello All,
I am from India and I am getting ready to file my 485 in 1st week of July. I have an approved 140.
I have two issues I am not sure about how to procced --
1. My wife's name is wrong in her birth certificate. also, my mother's name is not present in my birth certificate. I am getting both of our parents to execute affidavits. Do these affidavits need to be originals when I submit them with my 485 appln? Or my folks in India can scan them and email me and I can submit copies with my 485 appln?
2. My passport is expiring in Oct 2007. Some people have mentioned that your passport needs to be valid for six months at the time you file for your 485 appln. Is this true? I have not found a definitive answer anywhere.
Please let me know if you know anything about these questions. Appreciate all your responses.
Thanks.
I also did the same thing last week - my old passport is valid for another
9 months but 485 takes long time and by that time if my PP No changes communication that is again a hassle.
Hello All,
I am from India and I am getting ready to file my 485 in 1st week of July. I have an approved 140.
I have two issues I am not sure about how to procced --
1. My wife's name is wrong in her birth certificate. also, my mother's name is not present in my birth certificate. I am getting both of our parents to execute affidavits. Do these affidavits need to be originals when I submit them with my 485 appln? Or my folks in India can scan them and email me and I can submit copies with my 485 appln?
2. My passport is expiring in Oct 2007. Some people have mentioned that your passport needs to be valid for six months at the time you file for your 485 appln. Is this true? I have not found a definitive answer anywhere.
Please let me know if you know anything about these questions. Appreciate all your responses.
Thanks.
2010 derrick rose wallpaper hd
gcdreamer05
02-03 01:53 PM
fairy angel, there is a very kind and helpful person called "angry white male" a.k.a "Matt krusse" a.k.a "curry lover", please PM/Phone/Fax/Email this person and he will help you....
He may even get you a job....... :p
He may even get you a job....... :p
more...
ashrock11
01-11 07:16 AM
Unfortunately, your new wife cannot file the I-485 until your PD becomes current. Because she cannot file her I-485, she will not be entitled to an EAD based on having a pending I-485. If your new wife's country of birth is not the same as yours, you both may benefit from quota cross-chargeability rules.
Say if the PD is current, what is the process to file papers for the second wife.?
And as mentioned above is it necessary to inform USCIS about divorce. If yes, how?
Thanks
Say if the PD is current, what is the process to file papers for the second wife.?
And as mentioned above is it necessary to inform USCIS about divorce. If yes, how?
Thanks
hair derrick rose wallpaper dunk.
justin150377
07-01 06:14 PM
Can you reveal the userid in the reults .....i would like to see who ever voted to support infact have their profiles updated::rolleyes:
I can't find the option to do this even though I created the thread, if a moderator reads this please allow users to view the users voting in the poll. You bring up a good point, if there is transparency in the law suit there might as well be transparency now.
I can't find the option to do this even though I created the thread, if a moderator reads this please allow users to view the users voting in the poll. You bring up a good point, if there is transparency in the law suit there might as well be transparency now.
more...
mn1975
09-05 12:55 PM
Are the receipts mailed at home address or they go to the lawyer
thanks
thanks
hot wallpaper derrick rose
gc_kosam
06-02 03:36 PM
Happy Scenario
1) Once my EB2 labor gets approved, Do they have to file new I 140 again (OR) can they use the approved I 140 (EB3) to port my PD to EB2 application - No need to File for 140
3) If they have to file I 140 again for EB2...is this I 140 goes through the regular time frames (12months) (OR) since my EB3 140 is already approved my EB2 140 gets approved faster. -- They approve Faster in a month
Not so Happy scenario and reality
1) Once my EB2 labor gets approved, Do they have to file new I 140 again (OR) can they use the approved I 140 (EB3) to port my PD to EB2 application - You need to File for 140 after the labor approval 6+months
3) If they have to file I 140 again for EB2...is this I 140 goes through the regular time frames (12months) (OR) since my EB3 140 is already approved my EB2 140 gets approved faster. -- Takes 1+ year to get your 140 approved + you need to wait for 6 months+ to get your 485 interfile updated
We are talking about atleast 2 to 3 years to get from EB3 to EB2 , so Please participate in IV campigns , call the representatives
Thanks for your response.
Guru's any other thoughts (particularly on question 2 and other questions)
1) Once my EB2 labor gets approved, Do they have to file new I 140 again (OR) can they use the approved I 140 (EB3) to port my PD to EB2 application - No need to File for 140
3) If they have to file I 140 again for EB2...is this I 140 goes through the regular time frames (12months) (OR) since my EB3 140 is already approved my EB2 140 gets approved faster. -- They approve Faster in a month
Not so Happy scenario and reality
1) Once my EB2 labor gets approved, Do they have to file new I 140 again (OR) can they use the approved I 140 (EB3) to port my PD to EB2 application - You need to File for 140 after the labor approval 6+months
3) If they have to file I 140 again for EB2...is this I 140 goes through the regular time frames (12months) (OR) since my EB3 140 is already approved my EB2 140 gets approved faster. -- Takes 1+ year to get your 140 approved + you need to wait for 6 months+ to get your 485 interfile updated
We are talking about atleast 2 to 3 years to get from EB3 to EB2 , so Please participate in IV campigns , call the representatives
Thanks for your response.
Guru's any other thoughts (particularly on question 2 and other questions)
more...
house derrick rose wallpaper bulls.
Pagal
02-02 02:33 PM
:) Yes, one of the founding principles of USA "No taxation without representation" has gone down the drain for all 'temporary' workers...
Some countries have tax treaties with USA whereby, their citizens are not required to pay medicare/social security taxes, wonder if India can have such a treaty...
Some countries have tax treaties with USA whereby, their citizens are not required to pay medicare/social security taxes, wonder if India can have such a treaty...
tattoo Derrick Rose 2011 Portrait
JunRN
06-02 06:18 PM
What happens when a new I-140 was filed but was denied, will USCIS consider the previously approved i-140 for the AOS (i-485)?
more...
pictures derrick rose 2011 wallpaper.

satyab7
04-07 06:16 PM
What if VISA is not given .. can you come back?
dresses derrick rose wallpaper 2011.
Gigantic697
10-12 01:29 PM
My wife got her H1b in 2007 and she was working for the company for 1 year and then she delivered in Oct 08 and since Oct 2008 she's on maternity leave. She was supposed to join back but because of the downturn her employer asked to extend the maternity leave and its an year almost. During this whole period her employer is ok and he has not removed her job. Is my wife is in status? I read on the web that the maternity leave is mutual as long as the employer and employee exists its ok. But my question is that is there a time limit on that. Also she's not getting paid for the full year when she was on maternity leave. The state remains the same now also. So what are right steps to do.....
Change to H4 till the employer asks to join back and then change to H1?
Please suggest
Change to H4 till the employer asks to join back and then change to H1?
Please suggest
more...
makeup derrick rose wallpaper 2011.
lonedesi
01-15 04:54 PM
This happened with my wife case too. Company applied on June 1 , no update till dec ending , changed to premium processing as we have to go out of country got the approval in two days and copy in 7 days. I think its deliberate. But we are happy that we have it in hand. You cant do anything with this but rather give them extra 1000$ they want.
You happened to be lucky since you had the option of Premium Processing. But now, even if we wanted to, we cannot opt for it. I am sure, almost 90% of the members who have been waiting for months together would opt for PP (for I-140) if it is available now. I wonder why USCIS has not reinstated PP for I-140 now that they are done with the major workload(receipting,AP,EAD) due to the VB fiasco.
You happened to be lucky since you had the option of Premium Processing. But now, even if we wanted to, we cannot opt for it. I am sure, almost 90% of the members who have been waiting for months together would opt for PP (for I-140) if it is available now. I wonder why USCIS has not reinstated PP for I-140 now that they are done with the major workload(receipting,AP,EAD) due to the VB fiasco.
girlfriend Derrick Rose talks about his
gccovet
08-04 08:58 AM
This is a small idea and let us see if it works.
We all help each other on the forum by answering questions. Let us answer questions of members of our community and politely request the person asking the question, if your answer helped him. If it helped him, the member can consider contributing to Immigrationvoice.
I think if all active members add this small note in their signatures, it may help us generate more funds to continue this effort. You can choose to modify this message to make it more appealing or create a link to the high five campaign that is currently running.
Suggestions are welcome.
Done!!!
We all help each other on the forum by answering questions. Let us answer questions of members of our community and politely request the person asking the question, if your answer helped him. If it helped him, the member can consider contributing to Immigrationvoice.
I think if all active members add this small note in their signatures, it may help us generate more funds to continue this effort. You can choose to modify this message to make it more appealing or create a link to the high five campaign that is currently running.
Suggestions are welcome.
Done!!!
hairstyles derrick rose mvp wallpaper.

Asian
08-22 01:02 PM
I think it still helps. Skil bill is the best bet and method we got so far. However, it seems to me we are underestimating it. We need to put more concentrated and focused effort on it.
See page 3 on this:
http://www.competeamerica.org/resource/h1b_glance/NFAP_Study.pdf
If per country limit of 7% stays, how much relief would it bring in terms of
priority dates for India/China born individuals?
I do not think there shall be any significant positive movement in Priority dates. Even if annual numbers go to 290K from 140K and dependents are excluded. It is about 4 times meaning if earlier we had 10K for India including sposes meaning 5K effectively, now it will be appx 20K effectively!
Think of number of applicants from India and China and think of the flood coming when all backlog is cleared! I dont think we should expect big jump in priority dates.
Am I getting too pessimistic?
See page 3 on this:
http://www.competeamerica.org/resource/h1b_glance/NFAP_Study.pdf
If per country limit of 7% stays, how much relief would it bring in terms of
priority dates for India/China born individuals?
I do not think there shall be any significant positive movement in Priority dates. Even if annual numbers go to 290K from 140K and dependents are excluded. It is about 4 times meaning if earlier we had 10K for India including sposes meaning 5K effectively, now it will be appx 20K effectively!
Think of number of applicants from India and China and think of the flood coming when all backlog is cleared! I dont think we should expect big jump in priority dates.
Am I getting too pessimistic?
Administrator2
03-23 03:03 PM
We have a media opportunity with Washington Post. We are looking for someone who was offered a job at a company that accepted TARP funding, and later the company had to rescind the job offer due to the restrictionist amendment by Sen. Sanders (/Grassley).
If you or someone you know fits this profile, please contact us immediately at info@immigrationvoice.org
The turn around time for this story is 24 hours.
Thanks,
P.S.: Please help us to keep this thread at the top for next 24 hours.
If you or someone you know fits this profile, please contact us immediately at info@immigrationvoice.org
The turn around time for this story is 24 hours.
Thanks,
P.S.: Please help us to keep this thread at the top for next 24 hours.
dsneyog
01-15 09:07 AM
Great, so I see so many fast cases here.
I had all my docs well organized, also put tabs corresponding to the list numers on cover letter for quick access. I also included self addressed prepaid priority envelope.
I paper filed at TSC on Dec16th got approval on Jan11th, the pace is pretty good considering the holidays in between.
There are several factor which helps aid in faster processing of the applications, mainly the required docs has to be in order and complete.
I had all my docs well organized, also put tabs corresponding to the list numers on cover letter for quick access. I also included self addressed prepaid priority envelope.
I paper filed at TSC on Dec16th got approval on Jan11th, the pace is pretty good considering the holidays in between.
There are several factor which helps aid in faster processing of the applications, mainly the required docs has to be in order and complete.